Welcome to the Pickaway County Board of Developmental Disabilities Website! PCBDD serves qualifying individuals with developmental disabilities from birth through life, and offers a variety of services based on eligibility and need. Services are primarily provided through Early Intervention, Service and Support Administration, or the Brooks-Yates School. Click the following links to find out more about the history of PCBDD, employment opportunities, our bill of rights, and how we can help you, click here.
To the Pickaway County Community:
A plan to relocate the Brooks-Yates School program was presented to the Pickaway County Board of Developmental Disabilities at their Board meeting last night. The plan was developed by a team of 32 stakeholders to address all possible issues and concerns of relocating the school program. After learning about the feasibility, the Board approved a resolution to relocate Brooks-Yates School program for the 2016-2017 school year.
The plan addressed topics such as:
· Meeting the students’ needs as dictated by their Individual Education Plans (IEPs), and how all Pickaway County IEP teams will be able to choose Brooks-Yates School as a placement option for children they serve.
· Assuring appropriate adaptations to the space and resources required to improve students’ access to the school’s specialized services for children with developmental disabilities.
· Meeting the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of Brooks-Yates students in a new location.
· How building safety, staff preparedness and transportation issues are going to be addressed.
· Creating a richer learning environment for all students and teachers.
· Transforming Brooks-Yates School into a self-contained, sustainable setting for the continued delivery of high-quality learning experiences.
· How the relocation aligns with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities directives as well as the principles underlying national developmental disabilities reform.
The Board will continue to operate the Brooks-Yates School program and students will have the added benefits of being with their peers.
The next phase is to present the collaborative plan to the Teays Valley School District Board for their approval.
December 9, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Pickaway Golf Club
1399 Stoutsville Pike
Circleville, OH 43113