Play and Language for Autistic Youngsters
PLAY Autism Intervention
If your child has an autism diagnosis, a certified PLAY Project consultant will provide PLAY Autism Intervention: an evidence-based, high-quality program that helps young children improve their language, development, behavior, social skills and autism severity.
Your PLAY Project Consultant assesses your child’s developmental and behavioral changes at each visit. The assessment is used to develop the child’s individualized PLAY Plan: a set of techniques and activities designed to help your child reach these outcomes:
- Increased caregiver/parent and child interaction
- Increased social interaction of child with autism
- Improved social-emotional development of child with autism
- Improved autism-related diagnostic category/symptoms including behavioral compliance
PLAY Project consultants are specialists in the fields of child development and autism spectrum disorders who are trained to educate, guide and support you as you learn to nurture your child’s social and emotional development, but we consider you, as parents and caregivers, to be the expert on your child.
Benefits to Parents
You and your PLAY Project consultant become partners in your child’s progress. You receive individualized coaching that empowers you to have a closer, more satisfying relationship with your child.
You will learn:
- How to identify your child’s unique strengths and needs
- How to make every interaction with your child a growing and learning experience
- How to apply the evidence-based PLAY Project principles, methods, and techniques
- What “developmentally appropriate” means for your child
- How to effectively respond to your child’s behavior
- Ways to support your child’s learning and prepare for school
- How to increase the amount of smiles and laughter in the home. The PLAY Project emphasizes fun