Below is a list of our various policies and guidelines that you can download for your own records.
- Mission, Vision, Values
- Review of Key Strategic Issues
- Begin Surveys
- Present and Approve Surveys
- Assign Small Groups for Key Strategic Issues
- Review Survey Feedback
- Present Group Strategic Issues/Goal Input
- Plan Public Forum
- Review Public Forum Feedback
- Finalize Goals and Strategic Plan for Board Presentation
Ensure sustainable, reliable, accessible and integrated transportation options are available for all people.
- Participate in OACB, P3, PICCA, and elected officials meetings each year to support local, state, federal funds of transportation.
- Utilize board members to meet with commisioners to advocate for directing funds to address transportation needs.
- Assess and implement least resrictive transportation by integrating self-transportation or use of alternative resources.
- Activley engage the people served to work with transportation providers to improve quality services.
Keep people that are served informed and engaged.
- Insure that people served receive service in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
- Use preferred communitcation methods as determined by people served in the assessment process.
- Provide tools for self-advocacy
- Identify opportunities for self-advocacy and celebrating success
- Prepare a platform to recognize success of people served
- Use multimedia tools featuring people served to train caregivers
Connect parents, providers and people served with available training resources
- Launch new website that will provide immediate access to relevant resources for all ages and stages of development
- Assess and implement new and innovative communication tools for SSAs, parents and providers that allows for a preferred method of contact
- Meet with each newly certified independent provider within sixty calendar days of selection
Keep staff informed and engaged
- Regularly communicate to all staff in written and verbal form current practices and changes in operation
- Feature staff on social media
- Invite staff to share success at DD Board meetings
- Incorporate inspirational, motivational information components into monthly staff meetings and stand-alone inservices
- Develop a mechanism for feedback from staff
- Investigate best practices and improve process for consistent onboarding
- Regularly hold staff training for new software and technology
- Expand IT help desk to be more readily available to all staff
Expand online presence
- Utilize marketing materials to increase community visibility
- Request cooperating agencies, businesses and their followers to promote DD social media
- Stipulate budget to increase visibility of social media
- Adjust social media presence as trends emerge
- Continuously assess feasibility of new and innovative technology
Assure funding is adequte to meet needs of people served for home and community based services
- Schedule regular meetings with budget commission
- Train Board memebers on long-term budget issues
- Assure three years reserve funds to pay nonfederal share of Medicaid expenditures
- Establish adequate funding to ensure 6% annual increase in enrollment for three years
- Maintain SSA staff to people served ratio of 30:1
Increase the number of people served of working age engaged in community employment by 5% annually
- Identify barriers to employment
- Shift funding from facility-based services to supportive community employment
- Promote individualized paths to community employment for people served
- Maintain adequate number of trained staff to support community employment
Take an active role in recruiting and retaining providers to meet the needs of people served
- Identify staff to provide support to providers
- Develop initiatives to increase retention of providers