- Available to adults age 22 and older that are eligible for county board services.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors employment-related supports to job-seekers with developmental disabilities.
- Prepares, educates and connects job-seekers as they go through the process of getting the right job.
- Works with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) and local providers to ensure proper services are being provided.
For questions or more information please contact our Employment Navigator.
Employment Navigation is about expanding opportunities!
- Individuals age 14 through 22 are eligible to work with PCBDD’s Transition Services Specialist (TSS).
- The TSS works closely with students, families, Service and Support Administrators, and school districts to prepare the student for the transition from school to adulthood.
- This transition process is highly individualized, and is based on the vision of the student and family for the future.
- Transition employment experiences:
- OOD Summer Youth
- Project LIft
- Project SEARCH
General steps for Transition Planning:
- Hold an initial meeting to conduct person-centered planning using MAPS (McGill Action Planning System). This allows the team to set a benchmark for graduation.
- Conduct a follow-up meeting to create a detailed transition strategy that “backwards plans” for an individual to reach his or her goals.
- Discuss responsibilities of all IEP team members to support the student in meeting his or her post-secondary goals.
- Develop a transition-to-work inventory to assess work interests and help in career exploration (when appropriate).
- Communicate with businesses or provider agencies, as needed, to employment goals.