Health and Respite
"Health and Respite" refers to funding through PCBDD to assist families and individuals with the purchase of eligible items and services.
Health and Respite Eligibility
- An individual must reside in Pickaway County
- Must have a formal plan (IFSP, ISP) through either Early Intervention or Service and Support Administration services.
- Health and Respite funding is only used as a last resource, and will not cover purchases or services already provided through another source.
Examples of Eligible Services
- In-home respite
- Facility-based respite
- Medical co-pays
- Insurance premiums
- Medical supplies (test strips, medications, etc)
- Durable medical equipment (mechanical lifts, slings, walkers, IV stands, hospital beds, etc)
- Adaptive devices (feeding equipment, communication devices, switches, lift chairs, safety alarms, etc)
- Emergency response systems
- Home modifications (ramps, grab bars, etc)
- …… and many more.
Any request for funding through Health and Respite is only granted if the request does not exceed the household cap established by PCBDD, and only if funding is available. PCBDD reserves the right to deny any Health and Respite request.